There really is no bad season in Provincetown. Each season brings something unique and our guests find spring, summer, and winter getaways to be a ton of fun. However, fall is one of the most beautiful seasons. The changing colors of the trees are breathtaking, the crisp fall air is intoxicating, and the beaches are a little more magical. Our guest rooms also feel a bit cozier when the seasons starts to change.
Join us where the hot apple cider is flowing, the apple and pumpkin picking is a popular past time, and visiting vineyards and other nearby attractions are tons of fun. Local restaurants begin to use fall ingredients and their fall menus are fabulous! Now is your chance to book the fall getaway you deserve. Come relax around our historic Provincetown bed and breakfast and sip wine while the autumn sun dazzles over the vines. Doesn’t that sound perfect? Here’s a sample of a wonderful itinerary for exploring historical Ptown.
- Arrive at the historical Provincetown Hotel at Gabriels in the center of town, next to the Pilgrim Monument Park and behind Town Hall. Our charming property is comprised of four historic buildings surrounding a multi-leveled courtyard and garden where ours guests love to relax. Settle into your room and immediately feel at home!
- Do some exploring with a tour of historical Provincetown on the Mayflower Trolley! You will gain a new found appreciation for this marvelous town as you ride through its charming streets. Conductors will tell you all about the sites and about ‘America’s First Destination’.
- Catch a show at the Provincetown Theater, which features unique shows year-round!
- Before finding your way back to your room, check out Commercial Street and its lively atmosphere. Use our Interactive Map of Provincetown to find a restaurant you’d like to try.
- Wake up and enjoy home cooked breakfast made to order at the inn.
- Visit the Pilgrim Monument and Museum and peruse all there is to see. Everyone is sure to learn something new and find something interesting to marvel at. This popular attraction is described as a charming mix of the old and the new and offers exhibits about the Mayflower Pilgrims, maritime history, and more.
- Check out Art’s Dune Tour and explore the National Cape Cod Seashore. Get up close to the dunes, beaches, and the beautiful glittering ocean.
- After dinner at the restaurant of your choice, take a walk and enjoy the many street musicians with a hot cider.
- Enjoy another delicious breakfast at the inn before you set out for a day in town.
- Rent a bike from Ptown Bikes and spend some time cruising around.
- Have a delicious seafood lunch at the Lobster Pot on Commercial Street before heading home.
- Provincetown is one of American’s oldest art communities so take an evening stroll down to the East End where you will find Friday night receptions at the Art galleries!