There is no off-season in Provincetown. Guests enjoy fun, relaxing, and beautiful getaways year-round, and winter is just another great season in our neck of the woods. Wondering what there is to do in the wintertime when you stay with us? Here are a few Ptown ideas for you… check it out!
Cozy up by the Fire
Did you know that most of the rooms at our beautiful Provincetown, MA hotel have fireplaces? A gently burning fire is the perfect addition to your cozy and comfortable room. Luxuriate by it in the evenings, unwind from your stressful life with a few warm nights by yourself or with your other half. Your warm, atmospheric room will be the perfect respite to relax in after a full day of fun in Ptown! Check out our rooms with fireplaces.
Enjoy Delicious Food
It’s hard to recommend just one place in town to enjoy a delicious meal… so here are a few suggestions on places to dine during your winter stay.
- The Mews – Try the Almond Crusted Crab!
- Fanizzi’s by the Sea – Try the Cajun Seafood Alfredo & dine waterfront!
- Ciro and Sal’s – Try the Scampi alla Griglia!
- Napi’s Restaurant – Try the Chicken Picatta!
- Restaurant at the Crown & Anchor – Try the Spicy Lobster Pappardelle!
Attend Festive Tree Lightings
Get in the holiday spirit in Provincetown this season with a couple of fun and festive tree lighting events!
- Annual Lighting of the Pilgrim Monument – Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 5:00pm – See thousands of bulbs lit up at the Pilgrim Monument & Provincetown Museum for this yearly tree lighting to celebrate the Pilgrims’s first landing in the New World in Provincetown in 1620. Enjoy free admission to the museum, refreshments, and live music.
- Lighting of the Lobster Pot Tree – Saturday, November 25, 2017 at 5:30pm – Be part of this special annual holiday tradition and see the unique lobster pot tree built in the heart of Lopes Square. The tree will be stocked with more than one hundred lobster pots from local lobstermen. There will also be hot cocoa, cookies, and a heaping serving of holiday cheer. Don’t miss it!
Have Some Holly Folly Fun
If your December plans include a trip to Provincetown, you’re in luck! The popular Holly Folly event is coming back this year and we are sure it will be better than ever!
Holly Folly Weekend is December 1-3, 2017 this year. There won’t be a dull moment all weekend.
- Dancing, music, and caroling – Join us around the piano for traditional holiday cheer
- The annual Speedo run down Commercial Street – A fun, not-so-traditional event
- ‘Shop Hop’ – Hunt for prizes while enjoying sales at Ptown shops and galleries
- Inn Stroll – An open house at Ptown’s famous guest houses
- Drag Bingo
- Tasty treats and libations
- Plus so much more!