Provincetown is the perfect destination for those who’s four-legged friends are part of the family. Here is our Top 5 List of destinations your pets will love.
- Pilgrim Bark Park, gated, off-leash space for dogs and their owners – open from dawn to dusk. There is a general dog section and a section exclusively for small dogs under 25 pounds. The park is home to many beautiful sculptures and structures donated by local artists.
The Pilgrim Bark Park is located at the intersection of Route 6 and Shank Painter Road in Provincetown, MA, and is open year round. Access to parking and the main entrance are from Route 6 going East.
- Beach balls and fun with your dogs at Herring Cove beach. Herring Cove offers a protected beach that is ideal for those who want to enjoy the sea without challenging waves and unpredictable undertows. If you want to totally immerse yourself in nature without the crowds, walk your dog north towards Hatches Harbor and Race Point lighthouse.
As part of the Cape Cod National Seashore, the newly build bathhouse at Herring Cove has food service provided by Far Land Provisions, picnic tables, showers, bathrooms and changing rooms. The beach and swimmers are protected by Seashore lifeguards and rangers. Parking is available for a fee but is free after 6pm.
- The best people and dog watching seats are at Bubala’s By The Bay. Boasting Provincetown Harbor views, outdoor heated patio, indoor Dinning Room and Bar – ideal for you and your pups. Bubala’s is open for brunch, lunch and dinner. Seasonal new American cuisine.
- Wired Puppy, a local favorite for specialty coffee and tea and freshly-baked muffins. Located close the the Provincetown Library, Wired Puppy is a friendly community of dog lovers and a great space to enjoy your favorite coffee beverage, listen to music and use free WiFi. Another great spot for people-watching!
- Provincetown Pet Resort, a family owned and operated business offering high quality, convenient doggie daycare, cage-free dog boarding and cat boarding, and premium pet supplies.